Oliver + S

pleats

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Wow, I’ve ballsed this up big time….
    The culottes appeared to fit, so I trimmed the waistband down to fit the culottes. I ended up taking 1″ off each end! The waistband was still generous compared to the culottes.
    Curiously, while the back notches were out by about 1″ (as expected) the front notches matched perfectly???
    Anyway, they’re finished now and they’re way too small. I just measured the finished waistband and it’s a bit over 3″ smaller than the intended size.
    It’s late now and I’m turning in, but i can’t see how the pleats could have been that far out to account for 3″ difference all around.
    Baffled, a bit dejected and too big for my pants. Sigh.

LINK
    Ejensewchat @Ejensewchat

Lightning McStitch, I’m afraid I had to put mine away for now. I re-checked pleats, measured, re-measured & the main body of the culottes seemed ok. The only thing I could think was that either my pattern pieces had somehow printed incorrectly (although the test box was the right size) or dare I say some of the pattern lines labelled incorrectly. Anyway, couldn’t get my head round it, bit frustrating.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

E-wine to both of you!

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

For posterity’s sake, this issue was due to a minor labeling error on the initial release of the pattern. Details can be found here:

Finished waist too small

The issue has been corrected now and future downloads of the pattern will be of the revised version.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.