Oliver + S

pink for fall?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    kmgsc @kmgsc

So my little one loves the color pink but I’m having a hard time finding fabrics appropriate for fall but still having the dominant color pink. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

A quick search of ‘pink’ in ‘Quilting Cottons’ on fabric.com turned up several pink dominant, but still seasonally appropriate, choices (in my opinion). I think you can pull this off, but for me it would be difficult as I lean heavily towards earth tones.

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

My little girl is wearing her pink puppet show dress now that it’s colder with a long sleeve pointelle t-shirt in pink (from boden) underneath it. It’s a Denyse Schmidt fabric from the hope valley range.

If you look here you can see my photo

http://feathered.squarespace.com/journal/month/september-2010

It was hot on the day of the photo but I think I like it even more with the long sleeve t shirt.

Hope that helps a bit!

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

Well, the dominant color isn’t pink, but it does have pink in it- I like the print that night knitter used for the jump rope dress-

Skipping Rope

i was thinking about using this print for something. Are the Valorie Wells Nest pinks appropriate? have you looked at hawthorne Threads? I know you can search by color there.

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

What about a pink corduroy? Robert Kaufman makes a fabulous 21 wale in pink and hot pink as well as fuchsia. Fuchsia was our ‘branch out’ pink. 😉

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I’ve found a bunch of things with pink and brown designs that can “warm” up the colors for fall. Also think about using pink as an accent color with brown or black cord. (Think tea party with a pink stripe in the middle.)

LINK
    sadies closet @sadies closet

There are a lot of rich coral pinks out this year that look nice for fall, especially paired with other autumn colors to bring out their warmth. A warm contrast fabric will tone down “Barbie” pink. My daughter is pink crazy also so I have been trying to find ways to use her favorite color without her wardrobe looking like it came from Mattel.

LINK
    ckcsbella @ckcsbella

My youngest is a pink fanatic as well. And was in utero (I was so attracted to anything pink when I was pregnant with her, it was a standing joke amongst my friends.) And as I’m fond of it, too (and DD#1 flatly refuses to wear it) I usually indulge her. I know if I sew something in pink, she’ll wear it. That being said, her entire wardrobe is NOT pink, but often the non pink stuff gets accompanied by pink tights, socks, undies, etc. I don’t worry too much about it. She may be colourful, but I figure if you can’t mix bright prints and colours when you’re three, when are you going to be able to do it? If I don’t want to do all pink, I try to look for prints that have some small amount of pink in them, or else solids that co-ordinate with pink (DD#2 has a lot of green in her wardrobe – goes with pink, and brings out the little bit of red in her hair). And don’t be afraid to throw something completly different at her. DD#2’s favourite summer dress was a Bubble Dress in orange. And when all else fails, pink buttons and trim can look smart on a whole bunch of neutrals (brown, black, khaki, navy.) If you are not a pink person, it can be hard (my DD#1 likes dark colours, and I find that incredibly boring, but I sew with them for her sake), but I figure for a garanteed wear, I’m willing to give in sometimes!

LINK
    Anonymous @

I saw some really cute corduroy prints with lots of pink at JoAnn last night. Of course, they are prints so could be a bit busy for an entire dress.

LINK
    kmgsc @kmgsc

Thanks for all of the ideas and thoughts- I really appreciate them. I’ll let you know what I come up with! Whatever I end up picking will have to match the hot pink shoes she picked out for fall:)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.