Oliver + S

Need help with Fira Pattern Markings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Eileen @eileenw

I purchased Fira paper pattern and am confused on markings on piece 4 (lower front top). I am tracing marking for size 4 and 6, but at some point on the side seam (end opposite fold line) the #s are getting transposed, e.g., the size 4 line says size 8 a couple inches away at a notch mark. I’ve attached a photo illustrating the markings.

Attachments:
    LINK
    Eileen @eileenw

Eileen again: I tried joining piece 4 with piece 1 at the indicated marks, and thought I’d snap a pic to show how it lined up. Same basic issue: If I follow the pattern key, the line for size 4 should remain dashed and the line for size 6 dotted, but from the markings it looks like 0 becomes 4, and 2 becomes 6 and so forth. So where to cut?? I’m glad I’m tracing the lines onto vellum as I have not made a cutting mistake – yet! Thank you for any clarification!

Attachments:
    LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Eileen, I think you’re confusing the markings for the dots with the markings for the lines themselves. The lines are marked directly ON the line. The dots are marked next to the dots. I hope that helps.

LINK
    Eileen @eileenw

Eurkea! Now I see!! Thank you for your response. I was fatigued, but made a muslin anyway, and having confused the dot for the size it looks like I made myself a size 4 hip thinking it was a size 8. This is why we do muslins I guess. Thanks again! I love the pattern and have a very nice shot cotton woven waiting in the wings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.