Oliver + S

Neck binding looks overstretched

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Happy New Year! I made the first top yesterday and the neck binding that overlaps and is sewn into the front yoke looks stretched. I cut the fabric correctly and had plenty of stretch and I matched all of the notches of the neck binding with the corresponding points on the shirt. There seemed to be less of a need to stretch the neck binding between the center back of the neck and the next two notches on either side. But I needed to really stretch the neck binding along the sides. I matched the last notch on the neck binding with the point of the front yolk. I remember,somewhere in the forum, that Nicole said she cut the binding 1 inch longer. Did you use some of that extra 1 inch on the sides of the neck so you didn’t have to stretch it so much or was it simply to give you more on the ends that stick out? I did have little ends that stuck out below the bottom yolk seem.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I found that it needed to be a little longer kmac, other wise I felt it was a little tight and spoiled the neckline.

I am new to stretch knit though, but it cant hurt to have a little ease…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.