Oliver + S

Nature walk pullover hard to get on/off

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    totterwalker @totterwalker

I love this pattern but it’s a little hard to get my girl’s arms in and out. Has anyone else found this? I’m hesitant to size up you much because the sleeves are long as it is and length is good. Any suggestions?

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

I haven’t made this one, so not a ton of help re the fitting, but you could always size up but use the shorter length in the sleeves and body.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

What size did you make it in? I am wondering if it is a better pattern to use with stretch fabrics rather than woven fabric because I had the same sort of trouble and I made one in a 12. I used a fleece type fabric to make it into a jumper/ pullover/ sweater (what ever we term it) and even though it looked fine on, it was very difficult to get into.

I would use a stretch fabric next time, more likely a knit and this way it may alleviate the issue of getting into the garment in the first place.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Do you clip into the underarm seam before finishing it? You would be surprised how much ease that will give you.

I agree with Brittney too, size up and shorten if you need to. I have seen several linen versions with the sleeves rolled up and they are completely adorable.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101688853@N04/14426599813/in/photostream/

I have made this in a knit but I think it sells the pattern short to advise it as a knit pattern only.

The woollen ones I made have been handed down to several children.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh, that’s gorgeous in linen, and on a such a little one, darling!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.