Oliver + S

More Playdate fitting issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Hi, it’s me again. Am I getting on your nerves yet? Thanks for the advice up til now ladies; I think I need some more.

So I finished the second dress (size 12-18 months with added length and a bigger seam allowance around the neck) and I am just so pleased with it. My daughter loves it too, even though it’s not pink and doesn’t have flowers! So that’s a minor miracle. I really love the fit of it and I can get it on her, but it is a little snug to get the elbows through the armholes and into the sleeves. The sleeves themselves are plenty wide enough for my skinny minnie, it’s just the length of her arm, I guess, that is causing the problem. Also, when her arms are down, the sleeves bunch a little at the seams. I suspect that I did not clip into the seam allowance properly; I’ll have to take another look at the instructions. There is a photo here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23557464@N03/8082337868/in/pool-694451@N21/. And I posted another one of her holding her arms up so you ladies could see, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23557464@N03/8082338004/in/pool-694451@N21/.

Is it just a seam clipping problem? I don’t really want to go up a size for the Christmas dress, because I really like the fit I got on this one, but maybe I should. What do you think? (And no more muslins … the next Playdate I sew will be the holiday one).

Thank you!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I would seriously consider sizing up by one size. It will be roomy but shouldn’t swamp her.

It turned out very well!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I think I would agree with Nicole about going up one size. Although the rest sits quite nicely there’s not much, if any room for growth. I think going up a size would still give a nice fit and you might even get to use it next year (maybe add a hem that can be turned down as she grows). If you really don’t want to go up a size maybe just use the whole armhole and sleeve from the next size up. Glad this one worked better.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Thanks for the input, ladies. I think I will just go up a size. I’m sick of fiddling, since my fiddling never goes right the first time around! I am really glad to have this forum though; without it, I would have given up. Now I’m so excited to sew the final product!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I can’t wait to see your finished dress too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.