Oliver + S

Making it without a belt?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    dahlea @dahlea

Has anyone made this without a belt? My daughter would just untie it and mess with it all the time, so I’m going to try it. I just wondered how it would affect the look.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I had pondered this idea and wondered about an elastic casing on the inside to still give you the look?

LINK
    Anonymous @

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen at least on on Flickr. Try a search for Jump Rope in the Flickr group!

LINK
    sarahb @sarahb

My daughter never wears her belt and it’s still really cute! Next version I make for her I will just be omitting the belt and belt loops.

LINK
    TriMama @TriMama

I have seriously considered tying the belt a bit on the loose side and then hand stitching it so it can’t be undone.

Otherwise, why not just make view B?

LINK
    dahlea @dahlea

I went ahead and made it without belt and pockets since my girl is still so young. I was afraid it would be too loose without the belt, but it looks and fits fine!

LINK
    dahlea @dahlea

Oh and I wanted the gathered look of the skirt and the tabs on the sleeves, so that’s why I made view A. I’m not skilled enough to try and change B to add those elements.

LINK
    dare moi @dare moi

I think that the belt just makes the dress, but my fussy daughter doesn’t seem to do the belt “thing”.

I am going to make version B of this dress for her, but have thought it may be possible to shir the bottom bit of the top piece in version A (she can handle shirring cause she already has a dress with that in it).

OR

has anyone just sewed the belt on, with the end bits not sewn on (so you can tie belt manually all the time)?

I suppose i would call myself an intermadiate sewer, but not much experience in altering things.

If i shirred (not too tight), is there enough room in the bottom of the top peice to get away with no alterations, or do i need to use my brain??? (sometimes that is hard for me…)

xoxx s

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I just made this dress wihtout the tabs or belt in a knit. It does make for quicker sewing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mama_knowles03/6292228402/in/pool-oliverands

LINK
    collidingstars @collidingstars

I love the dress without the belt- and as Mama_Knowles mentioned, makes for faster sewing!

Still wanted to have that polished and finished looked– so I made it in with a blue Italian shirting material with a slight sheen and added fancier buttons and ribbon finishes.

http://atelier.collidingstars.com/2011/02/little-blue-shirt-dress.html

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

Totally OT, but are you kidding me with that calligraphy?! Breathtaking. -Camille

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.