Oliver + S

Long sleeve?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Jane @jesims

Hubby is getting ready to retire from the Navy. I was thinking it might be cute to make my little one a croquet dress in navy w/ white accents for the retirement ceremony. However, since it’s getting colder I was thinking I would like to make it long sleeve. Do you think this would work as a long sleeve dress? In my head it works, but if I have learned anything from the past it’s that ideas in my head don’t always translate well.

Jane

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I think it would be cute in long sleeves. I think it would work out nicely. If not maybe a long sleeve shirt under it?

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I have thought about that, too, the Croquet Dress with long sleeves. I think the sleeves should look nautical. I have thought that the Jump Rope Dress long sleeve with the turned up cuff might look good or maybe the Book Report dress sleeve. I don’t think puffy sleeves would look good. I also thought about a bell sleeve but I think a straight sleeve would look better. I have changed sleeves around this week and what you have to do is make sure the arm hole and the top of the sleeve go together. You could use the top of the Croquet Dress sleeve and the draw the rest of the sleeve to be like the new sleeve. I did that yesterday with the Jump Rope Dress sleeve. I changed it into the Book Report sleeve. I wanted to use the cuff, the length, and the width of the Book Report sleeve. Will you post pictures of your modification if you do it?

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I think the Croquet dress with the sleeves from 2+2 or the cuffed version of the Music class blouse would work out well…

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I think it would be great with a long sleeve. I’ll echo the “not a puffy sleeve” comment Jennifer made. The Jumpe Rope would be perfect, or even the wider sleeve of the Sunday brunch. the upturned cuff of those would be spot on. You’ve got me thinking….. (darn you 😉 )

LINK
    Jane @jesims

Thank you all for you thoughts. I think I will go ahead with a long sleeve version as soon as I get the Halloween costumes finished. I’m thinking of using the top of the sleeve as is and drafting it to be a long straight sleeve reminiscent of the straight sleeve on a sailor’s dress uniform. The idea in my head looks adorable. 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.