Oliver + S

Lisette B6296 Pajama Pants

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Becca @macaronquilts

Hi,
    I bought some red buffalo plaid fabric to make pajama pants for me and for my husband for Christmas. I thought I’d just use a cheap big 4 pattern I already had for him and use my favorite Lisette 6296 for my own, but he’d like pockets…and the other pattern does not have pockets. So, I was wondering if the Lisette pattern would work for men? What are your thoughts? I can’t really think of any reason it wouldn’t, unless there’s really not enough rise for men, but I’d make sure to size it generously. He’s slim, though tall, so it looks like he’d probably fit in the size 20 if I lengthen them. What do you think?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@macaronquilts Out of interest I got my 23 year son to try on his sisters. Way too short (I had shortened the leg) but they fit in a low waisted way.
    He is not overly tall and an average muscular build.

He, too, liked the pockets and said he would happily wear them.

I hope that helps!

LINK
    Becca @macaronquilts

@motherof5 Hey Nicole, thank you SO much for checking!! I’m so glad he felt like they fit well. I think I’ll try to add an inch to the rise and lengthen the legs a ton, but I’m going to go for it. Thank you!

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

Chiming in – if you have a Big4 pattern that fits him, I’d just take the pocket from the Lisette pattern and add it to the existing pants. I’ve done exactly that for my husband, and it worked out well.

LINK
    Becca @macaronquilts

@enbee I have a unisex pattern but I’ve never made them for him before, and the pattern is different enough in construction I’m not sure it would work. There isn’t a side seam, for instance. I thought about trying to figure out how to add pockets, but it just required more brain power than I have access to right now (hello Pandemic, lol). Thanks for chiming in though!

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

@macaronquilts, got it! And I can totally commiserate on the pandemic tax on brain power. Right there with you! At any rate, I agree with Nicole that there’s nothing inherently non-unisex about the Lisette pattern except possibly the length.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.