Oliver + S

Lengthen sleeve on lunch box tee?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I haven’t bought the pattern yet, but I am wondering how tough it would be to lengthen the sleeve?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I don’t this one yet either but I can’t imagine it would be that difficult. Besides I thought it had a 3/4 sleeve as well as a short one? You would just need to add to the 3/4 to make it longer – but lengthen not at the bottom but halfway between the elbow and the seam allowance, depending of course where the length is in the arm. Then you just even out the lines at the side to create a new longer sleeve.

Hope this helps

Tamara

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

Oh, thanks. I would have just added more at the bottom/cuff and sounds like that’s not the way to go. I am looking to make my toddler a couple of long-sleeved shirts for the winter and he loves pockets.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I used to do that also but since I discovered this method I have had better results. Little kids may be a bit hard to measure but you do get a better result if you kno if his length is in the upper or lower part of his arm. Its the same with torsos and legs.

Good luck and remember to pop a pic on the flickr group.

Tamara

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

In general I recommend lengthening in the middle of the pattern piece, but in this case you can easily add to the bottom edge without any negative effects.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Awesome to know, thanks Liesl.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.