Oliver + S

large format printing, take 2 (or 3?)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Right, Shelley, I understand what you’re saying about different standards for print sizes, but I keep picturing what plans look like for even a simple building project — they easily run to thirty or forty pages. It seems counterintuitive that it would be 10x the cost to Australian builders, especially when you can’t fit as much information and detail on a single sheet — there’s a minimum useful size, no? Although now I am picturing all Australian roads and buildings as being just a bit smaller and Australians having to duck their heads to walk into rooms, and that’s adorable.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Sarvi.
    LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I found one place in Hobart that will do it but I haven’t tried them yet.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Cute @Sarvi, but remember on our (possibly) smaller building plans everything is in metres which are bigger than yards, so it’s you guys who are living in buildings that are 11% too small! 🙂

Just tried the local print shop again… New owners and enough requests mean they’ve bought a roll that is wide enough. However they have a minimum $15 charge for a single job. Pricey but almost worth doing…..

LINK
    Georgia @georgiabrungs

Wow thanks everyone for all your help! I live in Wollongong an hour outside of Sydney, and only have access to office works really so I might have to try somewhere in Sydney. Thanks everyone!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Lightning, can you print off multiple patterns as a ‘single’ job? that could well make it worthwhile 🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ah yes, that’s right! I feel 11% shorter already …

LINK
    Shannon @sionan

Hey Robin – what’s your local print shop? Trying to find somewhere to get a pattern printed in Canada and no luck so far. Staples only seems to print on 24×36 pages, not from a roll…argh.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Hi Shannon, I’m in BC. Surrey Digital Printing. Their website is great. You’re in Oshawa according to your profile. Try 4k Prints. Or google large format printing and the city you live in.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Robin.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.