Oliver + S

Just realized how important it is to check the stretch %

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    Profile photo of miss_sonjamiss_sonja @miss_sonja

I just tried to make a School Bus tee with a repurposed pique polo shirt. And I learned why pique polo shirts never have crew collars. Gonna get out the seam ripper and see if I can use a bit of jersey for the collar. At least the fabric was free!

LINK
    Profile photo of TamaraTamara @justsewit

Lesson learned hey miss sonja? At least it was free to experiment with and yes a jersey collar should set you right. Sometimes we have to figure out the % of stretch ourselves but it is worth the trial and error when you get it right. Keep going and you will find the perfect solution.

LINK
    Profile photo of Lightning McStitchLightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hey miss Sonja, you wouldn’t happen to have the Jump Rope pattern would you? You can salvage it and turn it into a polo shirt by using the Jump Rope placket and then any collar you want. Bind the neck for a grandpa style Henley or use the feminine jump rope collar or the boyish Sketchbook collar.

I may just know that this works but it’s an upcoming blog post so shhhhh, don’t tell anyone else. 😉

LINK
    Profile photo of miss_sonjamiss_sonja @miss_sonja

No, no Jump Rope. My girls are too big for most O & S, so I just sew for my two year old. Will report back on the success or failure of the jersey collar attempt!

LINK
    Profile photo of NicoleNicole @motherof5

I would second, binding the neck edge and making a front placket.

You can do a simple one with cotton webbing

LINK
    Profile photo of Justine JJustine J @justmejay

Peta made a fabulous polo using the jump rope dress a few years ago:

Jump Rope Rugby Top

No need to use a tee pattern – the dress itself makes a great polo in knit

LINK
    Profile photo of SarviSarvi @Sarvi

Oh yes, I knew I had seen that somewhere before! Well spotted, Justine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2016. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.