Oliver + S

Just realized how important it is to check the stretch %

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I just tried to make a School Bus tee with a repurposed pique polo shirt. And I learned why pique polo shirts never have crew collars. Gonna get out the seam ripper and see if I can use a bit of jersey for the collar. At least the fabric was free!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Lesson learned hey miss sonja? At least it was free to experiment with and yes a jersey collar should set you right. Sometimes we have to figure out the % of stretch ourselves but it is worth the trial and error when you get it right. Keep going and you will find the perfect solution.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hey miss Sonja, you wouldn’t happen to have the Jump Rope pattern would you? You can salvage it and turn it into a polo shirt by using the Jump Rope placket and then any collar you want. Bind the neck for a grandpa style Henley or use the feminine jump rope collar or the boyish Sketchbook collar.

I may just know that this works but it’s an upcoming blog post so shhhhh, don’t tell anyone else. 😉

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

No, no Jump Rope. My girls are too big for most O & S, so I just sew for my two year old. Will report back on the success or failure of the jersey collar attempt!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I would second, binding the neck edge and making a front placket.

You can do a simple one with cotton webbing

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Peta made a fabulous polo using the jump rope dress a few years ago:

Jump Rope Rugby Top

No need to use a tee pattern – the dress itself makes a great polo in knit

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh yes, I knew I had seen that somewhere before! Well spotted, Justine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.