Oliver + S

japanese tana lawn at spotlight on

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • LINK
    rastis @rastis

aussie girls, i was in spotlight picking up some elastic for all the pants and skirts i am currently working on and i saw on the clearance rack quite a few rolls of the Japanese Tana Lawn- marked down to $8 metre… i know some of you ladies love these as much as i do- and as they normally retail at $15 a metre- it makes them close to half price… not too bad!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Thanks for tip, rastis. I have a chance to go to Spotlight tomorrow, after dentist (yuk). What does the fabric look like? Is it plain or does it have Japanese motifs on it? What do you use it for, in particular?

LINK
    rastis @rastis

needlewoman- it’s lovely soft, super light weight cotton….perfect for light summer clothing- it’s a top weight fabric… i have made a few things with it and i know a lot of the other ladies in here sew with it as well!

it doesn’t have japanese motifs- more liberty-ish style designs

i’ve made a few things in it- including this ice cream blouse

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49182185@N02/6119600296/in/set-72157627295027163/

some other designs in this picture

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49182185@N02/7094828033/in/set-72157624647150117

some of the ones nicole used here were on the clearance rack at my spotlight-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/7636019740/in/set-72157625440576471

not sure if your spotlight will have them on clearance or not (who knows they might have more than mine had!)- but might be worth checking!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have to get more elastic tomorrow from my spotlight so will check to see if they have any. I couldn’t get any last time.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Rastis I’ve got the three in your second picture only in different colourways, and they’re nicely piled up and I haven’t decided what to do with them yet either. I went to Spotlight yesterday for buttons. And came away with buttons (and more sewing machine needles, and fusible web for making bias binding, and some cheap quilting fabric which will be great for making bias binding,… for something…)

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Wow, that’s some nice stuff to come out of a chain store! We don’t have anything like that on this side. I sometimes with I lived a little closer to Japan.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

I did check with my Spotlight on Wed about the Tana lawn, (and thanks for the wonderfully useful description, I’m sure it will come in handy in the future, or at another Spotlight) but no luck; they didn’t even have it in their computer. Yes Meleliza, Spotlight’s not bad; it’s improved radically in the last 18mths or so in all sorts of ways altho in my store, you need a forklift to sort thru many of the bolts. The staff don’t always have time to ‘clean up’. Lincraft has had a face lift but I swear on my Janome, that most of their quilt fabric hasn’t changed/got new stock for 5 yrs. Good button stock, tho. However, compared to its high standards when it first came to Adelaide, it’s descended to the pits. And, I just discovered that another really good quilt shop is shifting from the burbs right out to the Hills area. Great for them but lousy for those without a car. It’s happening a lot lately; our population is just too small to support fabric shops when times are tough.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Spotlight Mt Barker has a huge range.

There is a good bus service from Adelaide.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

OK!!!

LINK
    Sarah_G @Sarah_G

Spotlight Bayswater(VIC) had about 10 rolls at $8 a meter, all marked as overstock, so check the discount table as they are the same patterns as the rolls on the full price shelf!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Thanks Sarah G; may be able to check it out next month.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

All the Japanese lawn is on special at spotlight from next week, 2nd to 19th Jan 2012. All of it is $8/m if you have a VIP card. I might just have to think about some.

LINK
    Ock Du Spock @Ock Du Spock

For the Aussie girls: I was in Spottie today picking up some buttons and I saw a bunch of lisette fabrics on the clearance rack and prints charming linens that were a further 25% off. Not sure how much all of them came down to, but I got a sales person to ring up a few and quite a lot came up at $4 metre (the linens)… which might be the same in your spotlights too, for those interested.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you very much, I am heading to Spotters tomorrow.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

double post

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Nicole.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.