Oliver + S

Jacket sizing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    heathir @heathir

I’m preparing to make this for my 12 month old. I just finished the 2+2 blouse for her in the 12-18 mo size, and it fits with room to grow (so just a little bit big).

I planned to do the Sunday Brunch Jacket in the same size but noticed the finished measurements for it are a bit smaller than on the 2+2 blouse. I want her to be able to wear it through the fall, so I’d like it to be on the big side like the blouse is.

Has anyone made both patterns? How did you find them in terms of sizing relationship to each other?

Thanks so much!

LINK
    norasroom @norasroom

Heathir, I’ve made both patterns several times for my daughter, aged 3. I think the Sunday Brunch Jacket is designed with a little less ease; that is, it’s meant to have a bit more tailored fit than the 2+2 blouse. I don’t think I would “size up” if I were you. The 18-24 month jacket would probably swamp her if the 12-18 month blouse fits with room to grow.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I agree with norasroom. Thanks for chipping in on this!

LINK
    heathir @heathir

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.