Oliver + S

I’ve just started my first Liesl pattern, the Montauk Trouser

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Tatiana @TatianaLovesRex

Wish me luck!
    Why are there no comments in this forum?
    This looks like a great pattern, I’m surprised it’s not inspired some conversation.

LINK
    Kat @katCrox

Hi! I have this pattern printed and ready to put together. I will start a test pair today 🙂

LINK
    María @mariajsanroman

Good luck, Tatiana! You will enjoy it, it’s a great pattern indeed!
    You will find some posts about it in the blog, and inspiring pictures in IG, too

LINK
    Emily @emilyfaith

Tatiana, yes, good luck. im going to check in to see how you’re getting on.

i have a piece of light weight linen that I’m going to use for this pattern. I’m now going to figure out what size to cut.i have not had good results making trousers. I’ve made test pairs but not with linen
    Wish me luck.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I just finished another pair in linen and I’m really happy with the result. One piece of advice I’d offer for linen trousers is that you press the rise seam allowances to one side and edgestitch the rise seam to strengthen it and to prevent “grinning” when the weave opens up because of stress on the seam. Does that makes sense? I can post a photo when it’s light again tomorrow if you need one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2022. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.