Oliver + S

Interfacing on fabric A yoke

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    jodskiinca @jodskiinca

ARGH. I have finally started this dress (after procrastinating for a week!) and am at the point where I need to sew the yokes for fabric A and B together, but I realized I put the interfacing on fabric B, rather than A. Is it ok if I add interfacing to fabric A, if there’s already interfacing on fabric B? Or will that ruin it? I really don’t want to have to start over, since I’ve already sewing the front and back yokes together for each fabric and am about to sew the 2 yokes together. ๐Ÿ™ Thanks for any help!

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I haven’t made up this pattern, but have certainly interfaced the wrong thing before– personally, I’d just roll with it and make it up as is. Adding another layer of interfacing might leave the yoke really stiff.

LINK
    jodskiinca @jodskiinca

Thank you. I ended up just peeling it off. It came right off! ๐Ÿ™‚

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have done that soooooo many times! ๐Ÿ™‚

LINK
    Ava @fitdoc

Has anyone had an issue with the front yoke splitting down the center front. I’ve had this happen twice now. One was about two years old and out of the wash it split all the way. The second was 2 weeks into wear and when DS was pulling over her head (probably didn’t open enough buttons) it slit about 4 inches. I was able to mend that one. The did use the side of the fabric the same cotton poplin but the older one was paired with a linen and this one with a lawn. Maybe using more sturdy material or interfacing both pieces? but didn’t want it to ruin the drape of the shirt.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Short answer, yes. Long answer: I seem to recall another thread where this was discussed at length.
    I’ve only made one hide and seek with the notch but it was a linen type weave and on the very first washing it all frayed around that notch. Maybe I’d clipped too close, but that was certainly a fabric where interfacing both sides of the yoke would have been wise.
    I hand sewed all around the edge and just saw a picture recently of @motherof5 ‘s littlest wearing it, so I guess it hasn’t fallen apart.
    I’ll see if I can find that other discussion thread….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.