Oliver + S

interfacing

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have just re-stocked and paid between $8 and $12.95 a metre.

I am not a student but I can understand how that my seem a lot if you are watching your budget.

The more sewing I did,I found I wanted the best quality notions to make my garments look as good as possible for as long as possible.

I am very miserly and save all my scraps for shoulder support on knit tops and to re-inforce button holes.

I am glad you get on with the sew in,it will save you money in the long run,but if you are sewing something special maybe treat your self to the McCalls range of interfacings.

The are available from Spotlight here(Joannes OS)and I buy them on sale.

I always look out for your sewing Emily.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hey that’s quite alright Emily, you are fitting into your budget and went with the best you can afford and that really is all that matters. It did the job. When you do get the “German” interfacing (I don’t really know why they call it that) you could keep it for the really special projects. It lasts a while because you use it on collars and things and if you are sewing for little children it will go alot further too.

Tamara

LINK
    Linda Adam @Diddleymom

This post is a little late but I thought I would add my thoughts about using German Interfacing. I love this interfacing especially on collars, cuffs & front facing of blouses, shirts etc. It provides just the right amount of stabilization for children’s clothing. Never too stiff.

I also always wash this interfacing as there can be a slight amount of shrinkage. I also wash my cottons before cutting & sewing. By doing this your garment will not be distorted at all after washing as the interfacing & main fabric will not shrink or will shrink at the same rate. I just place the German Interfacing into a large bowl of warm water, wrap it gently in a white towel & lay it out to dry. It is such a fine interfacing that it dries in no time at all.

Cutting on grain also is a must for me. I am fussy but I like the final results. This interfacing is well worth the money.

Cheers, Linda A

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.