Oliver + S

If ever you are in London . . .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

I have just come back from a few precious days in london. I spent a whole day in the victoria and albert museum – if you are in the area you should definitely go. I had forgotten how incredible it is. The main exhibition rooms are spectacular, but there are smaller rooms which most visitors don’t get to. I went to the textiles rooms; there are hundreds of cases that you pull out from old cabinets, not knowing what’s going to be inside. Each one has examples of embroidery, tapestry, printed textiles . . . you could spend weeks there. Many are hundreds of years old. So magical to see tiny stitches made by someone’s careful hand all that time ago.

Theres an exhibition about the Ballet Russes starting in September – so I’m going to attempt a return visit. Definitely better without children, much as I love them!

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Just adding a link to the website which looks pretty amazing – could spend hours looking at it so be warned!!!!

LINK
    ckcsbella @ckcsbella

The V&A is my favourite museum in the whole world! I like to follow it up with a trip to the Liberty of London department store.

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

http://www.vam.ac.uk/

OOPS here’s the website!

LINK
    Emily @Emily

I am headed to London in September – every time I go, the V&A is on the top of my list! I definitely like to hit Liberty after, and follow that up with a trip through the garment district. London is a great place to be a sewist.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I love the V&A too. Thanks for the link to their website–I sometimes forget these great resources for ideas and inspiration!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.