Oliver + S

Husky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Ann @afurnier

My son needs elastic pull-on pants. He is a husky 14. He has special needs and needs the pull-ons. There are few options available. Any tips on increasing the hip and waist in the sandbox pants?

LINK
    Ann @afurnier

🙂

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Ann.
    LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hi Ann, I found this and it seems like it might be useful:

Width Alterations for Pants

But if anybody has actually done it themselves or knows of a great tip please chime in!

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

the sandbox pants only go up to a size 8, but the Parachute and Art Museum go higher, but only to size 12. You’ll want to add crotch depth as well as width so that when they are worn, the pants don’t ride up or down. Something that looks fine standing still quickly becomes a problem when boys move!
    Looking at size charts, a size 14 boys is about equivalent to a size 33-34 mens… I have used Burda 7230 for relaxed-look elastic and drawstring waist pants in this and bigger sizes. They work out well in various fabrics as long as they aren’t too heavy… Ponte de Roma is a good choice for more dressed-looking pants that are still comfortable like sweats.
    another option is the Field trip cargo pants, in twill or canvas, but simplified a little, like these: climbers

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Reeni. Reason: added link
    • This reply was modified 7 years ago by Reeni.
    • This reply was modified 7 years ago by Reeni.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.