Oliver + S

How difficult is this pattern?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    boisky3 @boisky3

I am loving this coat. I know this got 3 out of 4 scissors so I’m curious to know what may make this a more difficult pattern to sew. I have been sewing about 2 years, mostly clothes for my daughter. I’d say I’m an advanced beginner. I’m not scared to tackle new techniques. I find with the internet these days you can google how to do just about anything. That said, I do get frustrated if every step I read I feel clueless. So what do you think? Could I handle this? Would the Sunday Brunch coat be easier/harder? Or should I just buy a coat and wait until I’m a little more skilled? Thanks!!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m so glad you’ve asked this. Sometimes we rate our patterns 3 scissors when they involve a greater time commitment. The coat is one of those situations. If you’ve sewn any of our patterns with sleeves before, or if you are willing to proceed slowly and follow the instructions carefully, I think you can absolutely make the coat. Our instructions are extremely detailed and thorough, so you shouldn’t need to look elsewhere for additional help. Just take your time and read carefully. Best wishes, and let us know how it goes for you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.