Oliver + S

Here's a thought…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

And please, please, do poo poo this if it’s ridiculous. So far, I haven’t seen a fabric that Roller Skate doesn’t look good in and I haven’t seen a child it doesn’t look charming on. Now, the dress is intended I think to be a casual play time dress. However, if we wanted to bend the rule, how do we think it might look for formal occasions? In silk or lace or something fancy, with a big sash, maybe a tulle ruffle underneath for pouff? It could have a big sash or lace trim or beading? Or would it just be mutton dressed up as lamb?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I love the idea of a gorgeous silk duponi roller skate dress! Meleliza, I think it is a similar idea to making a little black dress, you choose a gorgeously simple pattern and make a stunning versatile dress! 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

This style is rather retro I think so if you look back at the more dressy styles of the past, you’d be bound to come across something similar. I know empire lines were very popular in the late 70’s early 80’s. I just wish I had a photo of myself at about five in my flowergirl dress wearing a very similar design. It was ankle length and had a huge frill at the bottom. The only difference was the bodice.

I really feel that any of the Oliver and s dress designs could be made for any occasion. It is just a matter of creativity and ingenuity- of which you have both!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think it would be perfect for underlining a beautiful sheer posh fabric.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I think an incredible, textured bit of luxurious fabric (think that stunning bubble dress that Liesl repins every 6 months 🙂 ) with just the simple dress shape (no belts, bows etc) would be perfect. I’d like one for myself absolutely covered in black sequins! You can pooh pooh the idea of making me one, or I can send you my measurements!

LINK
    Deb @Mynorth

Love the idea of making the dress more formal. Love the dupioni idea too. Thinking about the classic Little Black Dress http://www.thisnext.com/item/420BB3FE/5B609EA7/Perfect-Little-Black-Dress only in a different colour.

~Deb~

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

My north, thanks for that link! Shelly, I think for adults it would need a little more shaping. If you were very skinny and straight figured, it might work in a drapy fabric. But maybe Liesl will release something similar in her new line! Like she did with the Everyday skirt.

Thanks, everyone for the feedback! My wheels are indeed turning…….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.