Oliver + S

Help! How can I figure out if I own a first printing of Sketchbook pattern?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • LINK
    purlknitpurl @purlknitpurl

Hi there! This is probably obvious and I am just missing it, but I can’t figure out if the errata is applicable to me and I do need to add 1/2inch seam allowances or not to my pattern pieces? Where does it tell you if you own a first printing edition? I am in middle of cutting my fabric and decided to look at the errata, thank goodness! Thanks! Purl

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Look in the box with copyright information on the pattern sheet. At the bottom of the box there is a string of numbers. The lowest number you see listed there is the number of the printing. So if you see a “1” you have a first printing. If you see a “2” as the lowest number you have a second printing.

LINK

Oh no! Do you mean on the actual paper pattern that you cut out thAt has the oliver and s name on it in a small circle( i can picture it)! I always throw it out when I cut the pieces as I had no idea it contained inflrmation I would need. I do see a sku on the back of the pattern envelope that has a string of numbers above it that ends in 1. Is that it? I am making a 6-12 month shorts. Is there A way to help me figure out if I need to add 1/2inch seam to my pattern? I would hate to have to buy a whole new pattern As I already have most of the pieces cut out and have my fabric purchased. Thanks in advance, Todd, for your help!! Is there a way to measure one of the pieces in question width-wise? I could then compare to what I have. The pattern pieces do say that each piece contains 1/2 inch seams — does that mean I have a correct printing? Gosh, any advice as I would hate for my initial purchase to have been wasted because of this…thanks:)

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

I’m not sure which size range you have. But here’s something you can try. Look at errata 5 and 6 on the errata page. One is for the small size; one is for the large. See if the error for your size range has been corrected in the version of the pattern you have. If it has, all errors have been corrected. If not, you’ll need to follow the instructions in the errata for the size range you have.

LINK

Hi Todd, Sorry to be so confusing. Actually, I think I just found the box you mean– it is in the instruction booklet and it has the numbers “13579108642”? If that is it, it looks like I have version 2 and yeah! the pieces include the 1/2 seams. Do you mind confirming? I have a 7 week old at home and am definitely sleep deprived! Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I so get the zombie brain Purl!

If you look at the pattern pieces you can see the shorts back is smaller then the front. If you put them together the missing seam allowance is quite obvious.

If you are feeling very delicate I have a tute to walk you through them.

http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/this-is-not-best-shorts-pattern.html

http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/sketchbook-shirt-tutorial-part-1.html

Good luck Sweetheart and congrats on the baby.

LINK

Oh Mother of 5, you are the best! I just purchased the School Coat pattern and googled to see if you had a tutorial (maybe some day?! This now Mother of 3 so appreciates that you share your wisdom! Best, Purl

LINK
    LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I do need to sew Tildy a raincoat Purl,I have some Modern Workshop laminate earmarked for that,so it is not an impossibility.

Particularly after seeing these two beauties http://www.flickr.com/photos/27858004@N05/8551742766/in/pool-ftf

Thank you.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Are you sorted now Purl?

Please come back if you need more help.

xx N

LINK

Hi there, Looks like I do have a version that includes the 1/2 in seam! Yeah!

Wow, it sure would be great if you sewed Tildy (great name!) a raincoat. It would be beautiful! If you do, I will wait before sewing the coat . I purchased gorgeous Italian wool (very little boy classic) with some very fun Whale cloud 9 fabric (I believe) for the lining to make it fun! I already cut out for size 12-18–hoping to finish it by the fall. I’ll be sure to look for your blog and maybe I’ll be lucky! Have fun sewing ! Between you and Oliver and S, and with some help from my lovely local fabric store, I’m learning to sew! Before the coat, though, I promised my girl a gorgeous Roller Skate dress!

-Purl

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I really really hope I did not confuse you.

Sometimes too much info is worse then not enough.

I totally agree regarding O+S. I have sewn for over 2o years but my work is so polished now(not trying to boast)thanks to the instructions and beautiful patterns by Liesl.

Huge fan!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Purl, thanks for asking this question as I was wondering the same thing, in fact I put off making the pattern becasue of maybe having to fix the pattern pieces! Now I can easily go and check.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.