Oliver + S

Harry Potter costume in Oliver and S

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Hi, Isewstuff, glad this thread has come in useful. I was also thinking of adding a wand pocket to my robes. I was planning to join 2 narrow strips (but not too narrow), I think the recommendation of 3″ above would be good and may be 10″ long, I would probably make the strip 1.5″ shorted than your wand so there is enough to grab but it won’t flap around. I would put the strips right sides together and sew around 3 sides of my narrow strips, then trim the seams and turn it inside out. I would then sew it onto the inside of the robes with the open end at the bottom so that it gets closed when you sew around it.

I have nearly finished my four skirts, that I am making from a ladies pleated skirt I found at the op shop (thrift store). Then I might move onto my robes.

LINK

Just thinking. I’m wondering about using the nature walk jumper (pullover) for the basis for the robes. I was just looking at pictures and the robes only meet in the middle, they don’t overlap. I was thinking that if I used the top part of the Nature walk pullover, added a hood (prob from LTTS red riding hood cape), lengthened it to mid calf to ankle length (ankle length for growth room), used the sleeves (drafted in one piece) but bell them out at the bottom. And I think that maybe an inch or two up from the bottom of the theoretical split in the pattern would give me an approximate placement for the button frogs. Now I have written this out it is sounding even better as I don’t have to play with the neckline on the firefly jacket and I don’t need to buy an extra pattern. And I can probably use less fabric as the sleeves can be done separate to the body of the robe unlike the firefly.

I might just have to have a go. Well, start with some diagrams!

LINK

Mustn’t forget the inseam side pockets!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Heidi that sounds perfect. It would make an ideal “gown” with secret pockets.

LINK

Thanks Lightning, I’m liking the idea more and more.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.