Oliver + S

Front facing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Roadtocalvary @Roadtocalvary

Help lol ..I’m cutting my pieces out to make our 3 little ones jackets..but am unsure of the front facing piece…is this to be cut from jacket fabric or lining fabric? Never made a coat before …have done everything in-between including our oldest daughters wedding gown ..but never a coat lol..any quick help would be appreciated!

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

We’ve all been there! It’s cut from the jacket fabric. Here’s a picture that shows the facing:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27858004@N05/8044784584/

Cindy

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I’ll try my best to answer from memory. If I am not mistaken you will need facing pieces for both the main jacket and the lining. The pattern pieces should read whether it’s for one or both.

LINK
    Roadtocalvary @Roadtocalvary

The pic really helped me realize where this piece is…the pattern piece just said 2 not of jacket or lining..so excited to see finished results ..have any of you put a fleece liner between your wool and silk lining? I feel the need for added warmth to do this & planned on cutting it from the same lining pieces

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

That would be toasty. I’ve only used flannel or knit fabric for the lining. I haven’t had any problems with the “grippiness” of the flannel but I appreciate that a slippery lining would be more sensible/conventional

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.