Oliver + S

Found this top to run a little short

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Not a criticism or a complaint, just an observation to help others who want to make it. Both my girls are long torso’d, like me. I cut out an 18-24 month with 4T length and it’s too short for my 3-foot 2.5-year-old. Luckily, I have a sturdy 18-month old who will fit into it just fine. When I make one for my older girl I will probably add 1.5 or 2″ to the length. (I also like tops to be long enough to minimize peekaboo at the back waist).

I will say, though, that as fiddly as the yoke attachment was, this really didn’t take long to make at all, and it’s such a beautiful result!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

This sort of information is always really helpful as children come in all sorts of sizes and shapes.

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

I usually hold the pattern piece up to the child I’m sewing for and judge from there. It’s not very scientific but it gives me a better idea of how the length will size up. My oldest three are very long and willow-y in the torso, my youngest is the opposite!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

This is good to note. I haven’t made this yet for my daughter but I naturally go through the pattern and measure the length against her length and work from there. Nine times out of ten there is length needed in the torso or crotch or both from any pattern company. I can’t wait to try this pattern out it is so lovely.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Thanks ladies – it never occurred to me to just hold the pattern piece up. Duh. Will add that to my sewing habit arsenal.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Always good to know how things fit on different body shapes. My kid is tall with a short torso and long legs, so I might keep the top the original length and consider adding length to the bottom to maintain the proportions. Thanks for the tip to look out for that!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.