Oliver + S

Forrest walk Woodland stroll

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Great minds, just sew it, someone mentioned it was too rainy to use and I imeaditly thought “raincoat/laminate fabric?” But I’m not sure how it would go, you would have to bring your arms inside or the bottom half would get wet. I suppose the next question would be ‘hmm, how do I lengthen the sleeve?’ not that I want to at the moment. And we haven’t even sewn it yet! 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I had visions of a laminate forest walk coat and an umbrella – I know in some places this would totally defeat the purpose, but we have rain on the brain right now with cyclone Narelle about to plonk lots of wet stuff on our place (I hope not literally) long soaking steady rain is what we are actually expecting, hence the thought but the umbrella would probably go inside out and you’d get drenched anyway! I haven’t looked at the pattern so I don’t know how the sleeves would go but all I know if that I have many little jacket/ cape concoctions running through my head with that being just one of them.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

The new pattern so reminds of a Sherlock Holmes cape, or an old fashioned pellise over a crinoline skirt ( early 1860’s). I think as a light rain raincoat, it would be splendid. Goodness, you guys are clever! Jsewit; I heard the other day that the big hot highs over Aus have prevented the formation of cyclones, and that ironically, Narelle may bring a cooling to the country (well, not a lot, but a bit). However, I really hope it doesn’t make life miserable where you are, or destroy things. Be thinking of you as Narelle develops.

LINK
    avashmava @avashmava

It’s a lovely pattern to sew! Very quick and easy. I made mine in a faux suede-like material and it feels very rich. A nice addition to my otherwise casual wardrobe.

LINK

I’ve just got my pattern! dose anyone know how big the full pattern would be when printed? or how I can find out? thanks

LINK
    wenznz @wenznz

Heidi, the pattern says it is for 36″ wide paper, but I just had it printed on A0 size paper, which is only 34″ wide. It fit barely – just cut off the points of the largest size, so maybe 1/2″ you would have to ‘draw’ in if you needed the XL size. Hope that’s what you were asking?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am wondering about a swimsuit cover up…….

LINK

I think it would work great as a swimsuit coverup, you may need a ad some length.

I’ve drafted a 5XL for myself (mainly for over the hips) and added 6″ to the length, but it looks like I’ll probably need another 4″ or so for the length I want. I’ve got a muslin cut out of blue (front) and red (back) fleece, so I’ll see how it goes, or if I need to scale back the top half to a XXL (by measurements). All this drafting was a lot more frustrating than trace and sew, but hopefully it will pay off in the end

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes I thought the same thing actually.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.