Oliver + S

First garment

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • LINK
    Nancy @nancys

Thank you! That really helps!
    Thank you again to everyone who has responded to me. I’m going to order now…take the plunge soon! Feels like diving off the high board…to be overly dramatic about it!

LINK
    Nancy @nancys

That is super helpful. Thank you! I have been on vacation. Back to the project today!

LINK
    Nancy @nancys

Hi,
    I sewed my placket today (which is better than it could have been but not perfect) and started the neck finishing. I think it’s supposed to be a bias binding but it is much much eassier for me to do as a bias neck facing. Has anyone else had difficulty with this? Am I correct that it’s supposed to be a binding? I have read the pattern a lot of times and don’t see the word facing there.
    I just feel like I don’t have enough space to do it that way. My tiny folds come unfolded.
    Guess I need to study up on this. I haven’t ever done a binding…as opposed to a facing which I have done.
    Thank you if you have time to help me understand this.

LINK
    Nancy @nancys

Ok..to follow up on the above post…
    I studied up on binding vs facing and figured it out. I’m going to finish it up by hand and move on to the sleeves. Inspired by Lightening McStitch I’m doing French seams on the sleeves/side seams. Close to the finish, I hope!

LINK
    Nancy @nancys

Hi,
    I actually finished my lullaby layette pants and shirt but I couldn’t manage to post it here so I put it on the Facebook page. I want to thank again everyone who shared their experience with me. I ended up pretty pleased with my result and am now embarking on the jacket. I got a patterned double gauze for the outside and solid voile for the other side. My question is was the voile a good choice for the inside? I haven’t worked with voile before.
    Just wondering what any of you experienced sewists think.
    Thanks!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Nancy. Reason: Spelling error
    LINK
    Nancy @nancys

For the lullabye jacket, what size bias binding Have you found to be best?
    Is 1 1/2 inch the right amount?
    Thanks.

LINK
    Nancy @nancys

When you’re sewing the inside and outside parts of the lullabye jacket, do you have to finish the seams?

LINK
    Nancy @nancys

Beginner question here…
    When you are sewing together the inside and outside jacket pieces, are you supposed to finish the seams?

LINK
    Nancy @nancys

So Liesl got back to me on the Facebook page and explained that you don’t have to finish the seams when they are enclosed.
    Thanks, Liesl!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.