Oliver + S

Finishing the pocket seams

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • LINK
    jodskiinca @jodskiinca

Seriously. If I get this done before Christmas, it’ll be a miracle! LOL. Ok, so I’ve sewn all of the pockets onto the skirt and front side panels and I’ve pressed them them away from the side panels and skirt. Then, it says to finish the seam allowances, just where the pockets are sewn to the front side panels and front dress. So, do I fold them back, so that the wrong side is facing me as I sew (right sides together again) or do I keep them pressed toward the skirt/side panel and sew with the pocket piece laying open like that? In the photo, it looks like I need to finish them with the wrong sides facing me (right sides together, as they were when I sewed them onto the dress), but wouldn’t I need to press them open again, then? I hope I’m making sense. I’m so appreciative of those of you who are helping me! I’m going to be an expert after this dress! LOL.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Did I give you a link to my tute?

(Apologies, I am writing on my phone)

It has lots of photos and may be helpful?

LINK
    jodskiinca @jodskiinca

I have seen it, but didn’t see many photos. Maybe I can’t see them all. The photos I’ve seen are mostly of the finished dress and one of the “guts” and maybe 2 more.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Have a peep if you fancy πŸ™‚

LINK
    jodskiinca @jodskiinca

Thanks Nicole, I’ve gone to that link, but all I see are a bunch of awesome things you’ve made and only 1 pic of the innards of this dress and a couple of pics of the finished dress. I don’t see a tutorial anywhere. πŸ™

LINK
    jodskiinca @jodskiinca

And now I want to make everything on your page. πŸ™‚

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

(And thank you so much)!

LINK
    jodskiinca @jodskiinca

Oh YAY! I can see the tute! It just might keep me from going insane! HAHA! Thank you!

LINK
    jodskiinca @jodskiinca

OOH! And you just had a baby! Congratulations and I LOVE her name!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you, I am in baby heaven but not too much time to entertain the muse (sew) just at the moment.

That said, I have to have two evening dresses finished by the 18th, and now Hugo (my 17 year old) has asked if I can make a wolf suit by the 17th too!

Um, I don’t think so Matey!

Wear a mask and go as a Blutebot (Grimm)

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Blutbad, I LOVE it! Great costume idea ;-). Grimm is an awesome show, what a cliffhanger season finale! Can’t wait for it to start up again this winter!

LINK
    jodskiinca @jodskiinca

I can’t imagine getting 2 dresses finished at all, with a baby! I think mine were latched on to nurse 24/7! And a wolf suit? Haha! I had my 6th when my oldest was 18, so I understand the dilemma of your older ones needing you to be mom, when your little ones need your attention. It’s a tough stage, but you sound like superwoman! Don’t do too much now!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Right I think it is my turn to send you a nanny for the week Nicole! As for Grimm, I have lost touch and I think whole series worth – so very behind!

It sounds like you need photos to help you along Jodi. It is so good to know the tute got you out of this bind.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.