Oliver + S

Favorite Sewing Tools

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Robin @Robin

I love reading what people think are their favorite sewing tools. Seam ripper, rotary cutter, good scissors? My Ott light dyed last night. Wow, it’s hard sewing without enough light. And then my iron died. Same night. Must be a sign. Really can’t sew without an iron.

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

I’d say good scissors are as essential to successful & enjoyable sewing as good knives are to cooking (sewing and cooking are particular passions of mine!). I really like my current pair, they’re fairly heavy-duty and sharp. Tho they are designed for right-handed people (I’m so left-handed I can’t even wipe my nose with my right hand :P), they have soft silicone-like material lining the handles so they’re not too uncomfortable. I’ve had left-handed scissors before but couldn’t stand them as whoever designed them not only switched the handle shape to accommodate acft hand, but also swapped the blades’ orientation (so the blade with your thumb thru the handle is on the right instead of on the left), so all my cutting was thrown off by the width of the blades. Argh!! I’m so used to working with right handed scissors I decided to stick with them.

I just got an OttLite this weekend, and got a wonderful new iron a couple months ago – and I’m completely in love with both! And they’re pretty critical to successful sewing too so I’ll add them to my list of essential sewing tools 😉

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Goddess cloth http://oliverands.com/supplies/OLV-LCS00010.html , seriously, buy one!

I use it constantly in sewing, it’s the bomb for applying interfacing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.