Oliver + S

Fabric requirements for roller skate?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Anyone know if they are available anywhere yet? I just found the perfect fabric at fabric.com and it’s on sale for the next couple days but I need to know how much to buy! Both my girls will be getting one of these adorable dresses for the summer.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hello Round the world girl! How’s the confinement going? I think the blog said 5th of March (next Tuesday) they will be out so I guess, if it isn’t put up before we will all find out then. Its a lovely dress isn’t it. Both patterns will certainly be a treat thats for sure.

Sorry I can’t help any further.

Tamara

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Thanks, Tamara. Guess I will just have to estimate. We are in the States at the moment; my third child and first son was born last week 🙂 So I’m lying in bed, cuddling, and dreaming of sewing (though I have been getting some knitting done).

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your son, rtwgirl. Obviously, it’s impossible to stop a sewist thinking about new projects- even after she’s just given birth!!!! How are your girls taking to the new arrival? Yes, March 5 is the day the new patterns go on sale- one was meant to be available today (March 1- Happy Spring to all over there) but there were a few hitches, according to Todd. I’m still hoping for another new one because three seems to be magic no. for O + S.

So a bit like being pregnant, or waiting for Santa Claus, we just have to be patient.

Take good care of yourself, won’t you?

Fiona

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

They are doing ok. They are only just over one year apart in age, so the older doesn’t remember life without the younger. Currently they are 2y4m and 3y4m, and there is definitely a little jealousy, but they also love to smother him with kisses. I am still laughing over my 3-yo’s reaction to her brother when grandma brought her to visit us the day after his birth. She studied him for a minute and said “OK, now put him on the floor so he can walk.” She was thoroughly unimpressed when I explained that not only could he not walk, but he would not be able to walk for quite a while.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ha! Kids are so funny! How lovely to have a tiny one around. I look forward to seeing the teeny sizes pop up in the flickr stream when you’re feeling back up to sewing. Adorable doll clothes 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Congratulations Rtw girl! Little boys are just as great to sew for even if they aren’t as many varieties of clothing styles for them as girls, there are still other things that they will adore and you will find fun to make just for them. I have been wondering when you would pop up again because it seemed like a rather short space of time between announcing you were expecting your son and popping back to the States to have him.

Did you take your knitting to hospital with you? I did that with my smocking but didn’t get a lot done.

So glad he has finally arrived and you get to have those special newborn cuddles. And your baby girls will certainly get used to the idea when they see that there is something special in it for them – I used to read a story to my daughter when feeding the baby. That way she felt she had some attention too.

Happy Spring to all in the northern hemisphere…… And happy Autumnal weather to us (when it finally gets here)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Congratulations to you.

Not long to wait now for pattern release.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I had him at a birth center with the same midwives who caught my daughters (both born at home) – and I did take my knitting but ended up needing a little induction help, and so when labor began it was hard and fast. So, no, I didn’t knit at all 🙂

I have a bunch of baby-boy-appropriate knits that I bought intending to sew a layette. I ran out of time, though. So maybe they’ll become tshirts or short-sleeved rompers for summer.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Wow. congrats. I must say, the only kind of knitting I did whilst in labor amounted to knitting four letter words between the big mother of four letter words. Instead of knit one, pearl two, it was more like 3 adjectives, one ef word, 2 4 letter words, one ef word. The ef word really held the pattern together. <giggles>.

Aside— brave women who can do things while in labor or go without meds! 🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Haha, cybele! Vivid description! RTW girl, those births sound wonderful. Though of course when mom & baby are safe, it’s wonderful even if your original plan goes a bit sideways.

Getting close now, must start lining up my fabrics.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Cybele, you are so funny! Did it also involve ripping the gas off the wall? I had an induction for my first and I will NEVER do it again if I can help it! Mind you, waiting for the new patterns is like pacing the hospital corridors in between contractions! It will be tomorrow for us but we have to wait for you guys to catch up and get to the 5th also.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

My first was an induction followed by an emergency C, I was in full labor with only 1 cm dilation- that was NOT a recipe for success. Thus the knitting of words. The nurse looked at me after 36 hours of on and off full labor with only 1 cm and said, “you don’t have to go through with this. I can call the doc and you can have a C. You have been too long and there are almost no drugs left to give you and this isn’t happening anytime soon.”

Laying on the table during my first, my doctor was like… “if you have any more children, DO NOT go natural. I have never seen a pelvis less able to deliver a baby. No wonder you had so much ligament and joint pain in your pelvis. It never spread.”

Now, whiplashing back to topic, I am super excited about the roller skate. I love the options. I love the casualness of it. I think she will have two or three of these, reversible style, therefore double that.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes I can see both patterns being a staple in this house. The roller skate dress would be perfect to handle a long sleeves t shirt underneath for the cooler months.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.