Oliver + S

Ever had one of those days?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    Tassiemum @Tassiemum

Ever had one of those days when you know you shouldn’t even attempt to sew but you try anyway. I was making a Roller skate tunic which everyone said was very easy. First I lost the button loop I had made which was never found so had to make another. Then when neatening the back seams I accidently caught the main part of the tunic when serging not once but twice – on the lining and the main fabric. Then when putting the elastic in, the bodkin came off nearly at the end, then when it was through I accidently let go and lost the elastic and had to redo. Then 4 times the elastic was twisted. Eventually finished. Next time I think I will stop and try again another day.

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

Yes, step away from the machines! I’m having one of those days where my sewing machine is misbehaving and I really should stop and give it some love but am too busy and so I keep sewing and cursing my innocent machine which isn’t at all to blame. And so on. I’ve stopped to make a coffee and putter a bit on the computer. Hopefully that refreshes me. Otherwise this day is a wash. 🙁

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

Oh, and I also serged a sleeve onto a neckline. Ha! Perhaps it would be best to join daughter and husband in the garden at this point.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I can’t sew if I’m not in the right mood. Which seems weird, but it’s true. And sometimes the easiest projects are the most challenging.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Oh yes! Last Friday I had one of those days but fortunately/unfortunately I wasn’t sewing. Our whole computer system went down at work. I was writing everything down on paper when my biro disintegrated, and I joked with a client that I should go and get a hammer and chisel and carve them a prescription on a tablet of stone.

Yep, some days you just have to draw a line under things and live to fight another day! Good luck.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Yep, thoes days I’m often not even allowed in the kitchen for fear of burns! We call them “the house attacking” days, because doorways, door handles, ovens etc all go out of their way to bite. If I really want to sew for relaxation I choose a project and fabric I don’t have a purpose for so I won’t be too disapointed if I stuff it up.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I think I am having one of “those” days today! I am on the home stretch of finishing the tunic of one of two Pinwheel outfits and I have just gone and sewn one of the ribbons on to the sleeve binding! That is definitely a first!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.