Oliver + S

Dreaming about fabric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I discovered Fashion Fabrics Club and their awesome discount section thanks to someone on this board, and I’ve been browsing their collection for the last couple days. Last night I dreamt about this buffalo plaid silk chiffon that I’ve been eyeing (but not buying because I haven’t the faintest idea what I would do with it). Who else dreams about fabric?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

What about making the new weekend dress/top?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

You’re a woman after my heart if you’re dreaming about fabric!

I wonder what a chiffon Late Lunch Tunic would be like? I just pulled out some plaid chiffon from my fabric stash and immediately envisioned the tunic for summer, layered over tanks and camis. Or even worn over a slip dress if you lengthen it a bit. I think it would be darling!

Have you sewn with chiffon before? It’s not the easiest fabric, but tissue paper will be your best friend for a project like this and can really help to make it easier.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I was thinking about a tunic but unsure whether the construction (particularly of the collar and environs) would be too difficult in the chiffon. I haven’t sewn with it before but have been watching a lot of Project Runway lately and am inspired to try 🙂 I think I am going to buy the fabric and then decide what to do with it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.