Oliver + S

Bedtime Story pants vs Sleepover pants – yardage question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    deesews @deesews

Does anyone know if the Bedtime Story pants take less fabric than the Sleepover ones? I vaguely recall Lighting McStitch saying they did….

I have some flannel left from last year’s pj making and want to see if I can get pants and a shirt out of the yardage I have. The Sleepover pant piece doesn’t fit on the fabric when folded. Does the Bedtime piece? I have a skinny 7 year old (who measures a size 5 for pants) … so I’m hopeful I’ll have enough.

Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think they are pretty similar from my memory.

If your child is particularly skinny you *can* fold some width out of the pattern. I have done this but my daughter is very very skinny.

ETA I always have to open my fabric out to cut the bottoms.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Ha ha! I read the question title and was thinking “I vaguely recall making some comparison between those….”

I think the bedtime story do use less fabric for the size. They’re perhaps my favourite of the two pants.

LINK
    deesews @deesews

Thanks Shelley and Nicole.

I think I will give the Bedtime Story ones a go. Just for a change. I seem to always have trouble with the cuff on the others (probably something to do with how I adjusted the size) but it did drive me mental every time I made them last year. I love the Sleepover top though – so I’ll be making more of those.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Bumped for @Sarvi

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Awesome, thank you! Putting the words pyjamas and pajamas into this thread for future use!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.