Oliver + S

Did I make it too big?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

I made a size 6 for my slender daughter. I thought I would get an extra season before it was outgrown. The dress gaps at the neck.

Does this have to go in the closet for next year?

I also think my elastic is a bit snug. It could be riding up. Unfortunately she isn’t much of a model. When she tries things on she either figets or stands awkwardly.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Join the ‘skinny but tall’ club!

I find with Matilda I have to size back in the width and lengthen. Possibly this dress may be the same for you.

For example the Apple Picking dress or the Jumprope is fine as it has a buttoned neck.

The Family Reunion and After School top I size back and lengthen.

It is just the style of the pattern.

Too big is always better.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

PS,Thank you,I will keep that in mind when I make Tilly’s.

xx Nicole

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

I have a “big” twin and a “tiny” twin (same height but different body frame). I made one size that I thought would work for both of them but it was a little wide on the tiny twin and I sized the top back on the next one and added length. Worked perfect. Also made one for my “average” 7yo and it was perfect for her measurements. I agree with Nicole, it is the style of the pattern as far as thin framed children go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.