Oliver + S

Customizing the Weekend Getaway Blouse

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    mariasasse @mariasasse

Hi everyone, I just made my first Weekend Getawas Blouse and I love it. I made the first trial in a very cheap fabric and now that I know I love it I will make it with the good stuff. I am so happy with the result that I want to make in different colors and started to wonder if there is some customization that anyone has done to this pattern to make it look different… I thought maybe with the facings inside instead of outside? Has anyone tried that? I will first make a blouse with the fabric I inteded for it and afterwards will venture with new ideas, but if anyone has a tip, I will be more than happy to read. Cheers.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

How fun, glad it worked out — I am still trying to find the time to make this one. I’d also love to know what kinds of different spins people are putting on it. I did a quicky flickr search and found these:

https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=liesl%20co%20weekend%20getaway

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I can’t seem to find it now, but there was a cute one that cut the front stitching line on the fold to make a basic blouse with jewel neckline/no placket. Can’t remember if it was Instagram or maybe Pinterest?

LINK
    mariasasse @mariasasse

Thank you Sarvi and Liesl. I´ll keep my eyes open. Esprit has some styles that are somewhat similar right now… even a sleeveless one. I am happy because usually I need to buy bigger sizes in order for my chest to fit in… I´ll work on it and let you know.

LINK
    Betty @BettyW

Has anyone changed the sleeves to long sleeve? I am making the coat version out of flannel and would like long sleeves.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I made the 3/4 sleeves and I don’t think it would be hard to make them longer.

I would just continue the angle, perhaps have a RTW coat that you like the sleeve width nearby, for reference. Just angle out again (mirror the angle) to allow turning and hemming.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.