Oliver + S

*cries* help me with my View A skirt dilemma

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • LINK
    PreemieMomma @PreemieMomma

Can someone help me with buttonholes to finish the dress? I’ve only ever had to do a single button hole on any garment before and never multiple holes that need to line up. I’ve been practicing on scraps and I’m having difficulty lining them up. I have a one step buttonholer foot so all I have to do is place the button into the foot and line up my fabric, which is what I’m having issues with. Also, should the buttonholes run N-S or E-W? I have 5 garments finished in need of buttons – 4 of these are jump rope dresses (2 view A and 2 view B). I’ve watched numerous youtube videos but I can’t seem to get everything to line up correctly. Thank you for any tips/tricks/advice.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Shirt buttonholes on a narrow placket, like the Jumprope or sketchbook, run N-S. However coats, like the secret agent, with large facings run E-W.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.