Oliver + S

Contrast skirt for View A?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Katherine @willknitformath

My niece has requested a giraffe dress with buttons on the front. It just so happens that I have some giraffe fabric and a matching polka dot in my stash – I have one yard of the dots and would like to only use one yard of the giraffes. Those of you who have made this before, do you think that’s enough fabric to do the bodice/sleeves in one fabric and the skirt in the other (possibly leaving off the belt) for a size 2T or 3T with some added length?

Has anyone made the dress with a contrasting skirt, and did you like how it turned out?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hi @willknitformath I would think you have safely got enough fabric for the size 3T depending on how much length you add.

There was a gorgeous multi fabric Jumprope made a few years back, I will see if I can find it in the pool.

For me, I would consider a white collar and placket to complement the different fabrics.
    It will eliminate pattern matching at the placket too.

Good luck!

xx
    ~Nicole~

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

jump rope dress

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

By the way, cruise through these beautiful dresses. https://www.flickr.com/search/?w=694451%40N21&m=pool&q=jump%20rope

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Good memory, Nicole! That’s a really cute one.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@liesl I loved it and the Jumprope is my favourite pattern out of all my sewing patterns, not just O+S.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Aw, that’s so nice to hear! Thanks!

LINK
    Katherine @willknitformath

I cut the dress out the other night. In case anyone else ever has the same question, I am making a 2T with a tiny bit of extra length in the bodice and almost 2″ of extra length in the skirt. I cut the skirt, collars, plackets, sleeve tabs, button loops, and sash out of 1 yard of fabric. It was not a tight squeeze to make it all fit, but I didn’t have much left over. I cut the front and back bodice, short sleeves, and pockets from just under 2/3 yard of the second fabric.

Thanks for your help, Nicole!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.