Oliver + S

Classic shirt collar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Corina G. @ssg2019

I’m thinking of making the recital shirt – it has a great fit – but I don’t particularly like the collar. So, I was wondering if I can alter the pattern and use the classic shirt pattern collar instead. Would that work? Would it need any special adjustments?
    Thanks!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Yes, the two shirt collars are interchangeable, so that will work just fine! Can’t wait to see how yours turns out!

LINK
    Corina G. @ssg2019

Thank you, Liesl.
    And I just found the summer shirt and it has the exact fit info I needed for my lightweight cotton. Can’t wait to see, too. My first shirt in decades!

LINK
    Corina G. @ssg2019

Bought the classic shirt pattern and now it’s time to start 🙂

But before, I’m just curious about the seam finishing. I have recently become a fan of the faux flat felled seam and also read your tutorial on it. In one of your images, you captured a satin stitch foot on the fabric. Did you actually use that when sewing the seam? It might make sense since it aligns the fabric layers so well and I do have an issue with keeping a straight line… 🙂

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I just use my ordinary straight stitch foot for those seams. I just checked the post, and I think you’re referring to the edgestitching foot? I mentioned in the post that you can use it if you have trouble with straight stitching. With a little practice you really don’t need it, but it can be handy.

LINK
    Corina G. @ssg2019

Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.