Oliver + S

Class Picnic Shorts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    sasha @sasha

I have made the class picnic shorts once before in chambray. I love them they are really cute but I did have to iron them. I was wondering if I made them in a denim with a little bit of stretch would I have to iron those? I’m trying for low maintenance staples. Not enough time in the day!

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

Are you drying them in the dryer? I don’t have any desire to iron kids’ clothes, and find that air-drying leaves most woven fabrics wearable and avoids set-in wrinkles ( I usually just use a drying rack, not an outside clothesline). I’ve done the class picnic shorts in chambray & in lightweight twill with a bit of modal and have avoided ironing so far.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I imagine that a fabric with a bit of stretch might be less prone to wrinkling, maybe try out a swatch and see how it behaves?

LINK
    sasha @sasha

I will try a swatch of the denim. Maybe the heavier weight fabric will do better. The waistband in the chambray shorts I made was a little “floppy”. I think that was the part I always felt obligated to iron. I can’t remember if it had interfacing in it or not. If it doesn’t I could add some.

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I think fabric with a little polyester woven into it wrinkles less. Added the polyester impacts the texture, though. It doesn’t breathe as well. I think cheap quilting cotton wrinkles badly.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I put a little extra interfacing in the front band of mine http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/a-short-tutorial-groan.html and make sure the elastic is as wide as the back casing. That seems to help the waistband stay smooth.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.