Oliver + S

Circle skirt with tulle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    sasha @sasha

I am making my girls flower girl/junior bridesmaid dresses for their uncles wedding. I am going to use the fairy tale pattern for the bodice. The bride has asked for the girls dresses to be long. I am planning on using a circle skirt. My younger daughter would really like to have a petticoat so it is “puffy”. Would you recommend attaching the tulle to the dress lining like the directions in the pattern or should I make a separate petticoat? I am just wondering if the dress will be too heavy on a long dress.

Thank for any advice!

Sasha

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Ooh, @sasha, how soon do you need to start the dresses? If you can hold out for two more weeks I think my new book might be very helpful to you…

LINK
    sasha @sasha

The wedding is at the end of October. I can probably wait for a couple of more weeks. I just don’t want to get too close to the wedding and not have time to fix any mistakes I might make.

Will your book be available to order off the website in a couple of weeks?

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I have a personal preference for ordering direct from writers, musicians etc, but I had spotted the book on pre order on amazon in the UK. I was very excited!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@dubhels2003 I just found it😀!

@liesl
    you genius!😀

@sasha
    It is just the ticket!😀

LINK
    sasha @sasha

Thank you guys! I will be waiting for it to become available.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thank you, @dubhels2003. Just to illustrate the difference, if you purchase my first book on Amazon I make 55 cents. If you purchase it directly from us I make $8.50. So it does help A LOT when you purchase directly from us.

Glad you’re excited, @sasha! Oh, and yes. It will be available for sale directly from us, and much sooner than Amazon will have it.

Thanks, @justsewit!

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

creeping on your post to say YAAAY for the new book being available soon @Liesl!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thanks, @Reeni! We’re excited about it too.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

So I went to Amazon to do some sniffing around and am SO DARN EXCITED about your book. Can you offer pre-order on your website. I would rather you make the profit! It is your labor after all.

PS. Did you know that author’s get a greater cut on ebooks than they do paper? A friend of mine is a NYT bestseller. And that’s how I learned that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.