Oliver + S

But there are no notches…?!?!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    phyllis_stein @phyllis_stein

My pattern for the yoke has no indications of notches on it and yet the instructions clearly show that there should be. Is this going to cause a problem?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I don’t have this pattern, but sometimes erratas are listed on the website. Have you checked?

LINK

Thanks for your reply. I noticed another thread looking for erratas on this jumper but there were none. I don’t know where to look?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hi there — I have made this in sizes from both ranges and I don’t think you’ll have any trouble. I took a look and see what you mean — in fact it looks like the notches are there in some of the illustrations and not in the others. I actually never noticed that some notches are there and others aren’t, but I am not that meticulous about transferring markings (and then I wonder why my things don’t turn out as nicely as I’d like — humans are strange). If it helps, the front yoke piece does have two notches marked — but they’re at the edge of piece where you’d place it against a fold of fabric when cutting it out, so they’re half a v. I’ve taken photos to show what I mean, will post in a moment if my camera decides to behave.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi
    LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thanks for the images, Sarvi. I don’t have access to the pattern at the moment, so this helped me to see what the problem is.

You really only need notches at the center front on this pattern. We must have forgotten to remove them from the armhole on the illustration.

There was no errata for this pattern until now, so I’ll issue an errata indicating the extra notches on the illustration. Thanks for pointing it out!

LINK

Thanks everyone. This is my first time sewing from a pattern so I study everything. I’ll be back with more questions, I’m sure.

Where are errata issued?

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

You can find the errata on the pattern description, in this case it would be here: https://oliverands.com/patterns/dresses/patterns21.phtml – but it appears as if Liesl’s been busy cause there’s no errata button. (It looks like this if there is: https://oliverands.com/patterns/dresses/patterns2.phtml )

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

The errata notice is now posted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.