Oliver + S

Birthday Party Dress – Which Size?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

My daughter’s chest measurement is 22 1/2 inches and she typically wears size 5 in RTW unless it runs short then I opt for larger size 6. The finished garment chest measurements according to the pattern envelope are 25 inches for size 4 and 26 inches for size 5. I am going to need to add length regardless of size, but which size would be recommended?

By the way, I’m using silk dupioni and making the large bow. She will be a flower girl next weekend.

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

Okay – comparing notes to the Tea Party measurements for the dress I just made I’m going to go ahead and make the size 5. I hope it works. 😉

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

So, did you sort this out? I would highly suggest working with a pattern size that is proportionate to the chest. The size chart on the O+S pattern site suggests a size 4 for a 22.5″ chest (and the finished size you refer to of 25″ in size 4 includes drape/ease).

You always do exquisite work; I am sure the dress will be fabulous. Pictures yet?

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

I ended up going with the 5 and I’m glad I did… it gives her just the right amount of free-movement under the arms. I am hoping to take pictures later today – thanks for asking! You’re so sweet! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.