Oliver + S

big cloth diaper butt

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    wendy @wendyls

Can anyone tell me whether or not the sailboat pants are roomy enough to comfortably accommodate a big cloth diaper butt? My daughter is not yet two and is a big girl, and pants without any stretch often don’t fit her properly.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

In that case,probably not the best pants for her.

My daughter is fine in them,but she is on the 5th percentile and I make them from stretch denim.

Try the Sandbox pants.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

My daughter goes between 25-50% in weight and she’s in clothies. The sailboat pants ride low on her clothies which bothers me a little (I make them in stretch twill). (not the pattern, we love it, and it’s great with disposables) Make the sandbox pants. They’re terrific for girls too.

LINK
    TriMama @TriMama

I just finished altering the two pairs of these pants I made for my 4yo. She’s obviously not still in diapers, but they are way too low in the back for her. If you do make them for your daughter I would definitely alter the pattern to give more coverage in the back.

I’ve found that pants with elastic all the way around the waist fit cloth diapered bums best.

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

Thanks, everyone. I think I’ll put these off until she’s out of diapers, which will hopefully be soon. I was trying to prioritize my pattern shopping and think I’ll stick to skirts and dresses for the time being. But I just love these pants! Or maybe I’ll just go for it and make them in a size 3 and wait for Henna to grow into them. Or give them to some smaller baby.

LINK
    Mandy1977 @Mandy1977

Hi, our 19mth old is cloth diapered and has had several pairs of these pants. I have generally just sized up and she has been fine. Yes, they’re not as high as I might like in the back but I NEVER put in her in shirts where you would see the “ride up” anyway. Just a thought….

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Aww, you can always see my little one’s diaper in the back. It doesn’t bother me. I guess I am a sucker for anything that signifies ‘baby’.

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

I like the peekaboo diaper as well, Sarvi. It’s a nice little flash of colour and is especially cute when they bend over, peering out through their legs. I love that move. I’m also partial to baby plumber butt. Probably the only time in your life when you can get away with it!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hah, yes, baby plumbers are the only ones who can make that look cute.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

There’s a blog called Made by Rae with a pattern for “big butt” baby pants. Basically, they include a gusset designed especially for cloth diapered babies. I’ve made some of Rae’s other patterns and find them well done. My baby girl has graduated to the full insert instead of the newborn liner and I find that sizing up for leggings and bloomers seems to work. However, I don’t mind the diaper showing. She’s a baby after all, and I bought all pink ones! (couldn’t have her in her brother’s yuky handmedowns:))

LINK
    dare moi @dare moi

Ok, so for the novice..

I was going to make some sandbox pants, and most probably shorts for my 2yr old. He too wears cloth.

I am thinking that i will use a thicker elastic (and adjust that stitching in the waistband), but to increase ‘the rise’, do i just lengthen to line a bit(the curved one) upwards on the back of the pattern? or on the front aswell? don’t want to make grandpa pants.

xoxx s

LINK
    suse @suse

Someone who has actually used the sandbox pattern (I haven’t yet) will probably have more experience in where the best spot to adjust the rise, but I’ve always found that with cloth you also need to adjust the width as well. I tend to do this over the whole pant because I like the home-boy look LOL. Generally I go up a size all over and just adjust the length accordingly. But my kids are tall.

On other pants patterns when I’ve increased the rise I’ve usually lengthened about halfway between the crotch and the top of the waist.

Oh, and I looooooove peeking cloth nappies. I now make my own so my kids tend to have matching nappies to whatever outfit they are wearing. My daughter has a nappy appliqued to match one of her ice-cream tops.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.