Oliver + S

Bear carrier help!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    Meason16 @Meason16

Does anyone know how to sew the inside corners of the bear carrier without it puckering when you turn it right side out? Every time I sew the inside corners between the top where the button holes go and the bottom where the velcro goes it puckers really bad. I’m following the 1/2 ” seam allowance and it still doesn’t seem to matter.. Feeling very frustrated! Everything else is turning out perfect!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Can you post a photo? Is it possible you need to cut into the seam allowance a bit more frequently to release the seam and allow it to turn out fully?

LINK
    housecall @housecall

This is a very novice question, but when cutting out the fabric for the straps, is 42″ the width (selvage to selvage) or the length? Does it matter? Is there a standard rule about which dimension is listed first in a pattern?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

For the most case, it won’t matter if you cut the straps with the grain or across the fabric.

I made some silk ties for a dress once and cut one with and one across and the one across stretched a little.

I shouldn’t think you would have a problem with most fabrics you would use for the bear carrier.

I hope that helps.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I tend to cut this one across the grain, from selvedge to selvage, because I find it easier 🙂

LINK
    ke @ke

Just getting started on the Bear Carrier project and I’m having trouble following the pocket instructions. I get step one, sew the top edges together, and I’m clear on step two, but I’m a bit confused by the directions thereafter. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Match the curved edges at the bottom of the pocket. Leave a opening to turn the pocket. The longer pocket piece will fold over towards the back of the pocket.

Does that help?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’m assembly-lining five of these and am wondering whether I couldn’t completely stitch the bodies, turn, and enclose, and then add the straps last. I’m thinking of using webbing/tape/wide ribbon to save myself a bit of work. Am I missing a down side to this, other than it not looking as tidy?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That would work fine with cotton webbing, ribbon may be a bit flimsy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.