Oliver + S

Basting stitch on facing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Ok, the instructions say to baste 1/2 inch from the edge, but the picture shows the basting stitch butts up against the strip of interfacing. My strip is 2.5 inches wide….so if I follow written directions, there is a 1/2 inch of non-interfaced fabric. It won’t show through, but I can’t remember what I did when I sewed the last pair. I think I followed the picture.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

The basting is so that you can successfully turn the edge under and top stitch. I would keep to the 1/2 inch width and make sure the interfacing is out of the way of the basting turn over line. The picture is correct to what needs to be done as the interfacing won’t be seen because it is on the underside of the facing (wrong side of fabric). So yes you are right to follow the picture and you should get great results.

Tamara

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Thank you! Once I got around to this part, I remember what I did. I did the half inch from the edging (instead of like the picture) because otherwise the placket feels too small to me for the size I’m making.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.