Oliver + S

Any Melb, Australia Peeps? I've found and awesome first cheap fabric shop!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • LINK
    It's me Sophie @Itsmesophie

My friends and I have discovered the most awesome cheap fabric shop. I’m talking gorgeous demon (almost 2m wide) for $3 and $4 a metre. Also 100% wool jersey (again wide) for $5 and $6. Not to mention Italian fabrics, ribbing, knits, etc etc.

Anyway it’s Eliza Fabrics in Sunshine and is definitely worth a trip.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Really? I am holidaying in Vic in a few weeks (we adore Victoria) I will check it out, thank you!

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

*sad face* ex-Melbournite here.

Canberra has a dearth of good fashion fabric shops. There’s one independent one, but the staff were really rude to me, so I refuse to go there any more.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Thanks Sophie, that’s even my side of town. I’ll look it up. My other cheap fave is Brunswick Fabrics on Sydney rd which I call the $3 shop cause that seems to be the only price.

We might need to have a meet up of the Melb chapter of the Oliver + S devotees. Interstate visitors welcome!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh I wish we could go on our holiday that has to now be postponed. I’d be there in a heart beat.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I might have to plan a trip!

LINK
    It's me Sophie @Itsmesophie

Thanks LightningMcStitch I’ll have to check it out. Where are you located? I’m in Williamstown. Would love a Melb catch up if one ever happens.

It is definitely worth a trip, they seem to get end of rolls. I passed up an Italian wool/linen blend for $6/m the other day, the original tag listed it at about $70/m!!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oooooh, that sounds lovely!

LINK
    Little_Anj @Little_Anj

Thanks for the post Sophie.

I went out there today (wrong side of town to me)… Oh my what a collection, I had no idea where to start or stop.

Wool for $6 a metre!!!

To give you an idea of how cheap this place was…

7 metres of the softest knits ever

3 metres of denim

3 metres of jumper fleece

2 metres of a stretch lace (ribbon stuff)

and 2 zips for my patient shopping buddy (y 2 year old son!!)

$36!!!

That’s ridiculous

Anyway, off to Brunswick tomorrow. I found another potential…

Thanks Ladies, and I recommend making the trip to sunshine.

(There is also a huge (very over crowded) second hand store up the end of the street, for those that love looking through old gear!)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Well, that has sealed the deal!

My Twins lurve OpShops. Its on our to-do list.

(Or is it furniture? That is my Hubby’s thing)

LINK
    Little_Anj @Little_Anj

Hi Nicole, it’s a mix.

It is run by a guy and his mum, they have big signs up for Estate clearances or something…

They have clothes, furniture, outdoor planters, toys, crockery the usual stuff 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Ooh, sounds about perfect!

Thank you.

LINK
    speedymog @speedymog

What a great tip – now I just have to convince my other half to take me there and spend non-existent plastic money!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have just left and spent sooooo much money, oh dear, fabric doesn’t go off does it?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/14552916057/in/photostream

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

And the Op Shop was amaze balls!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.