Oliver + S

amounts for two different fabrics??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • LINK
    sosew @sosew

I’m planning on the playtime dress in knit for a girls nightgown, I want to use a white knit on top and blue on the bottom (can you guess why??).

The question is how much of each of the two colors to buy? In size 7 it says 1 3/4 yards for a knit total. I would also like to lengthen the skirt about 2-4 inches.

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

I think your best bet would be to trace your pieces off with the extra length and lay them out to determine how much of each. And remember to add just a little as knits will shrink. Good luck!

LINK
    sosew @sosew

ah, when you type it out it seems so obvious 🙂 i hadnt purchased the pattern yet but of course…

thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You will love this pattern. It is no ordinary t-shirt dress.

The shoulders have such a great shape.

I have a step by step tute for the dress but as it is for a nightie I wonder if you could cut the back bodice on a centre fold and use ribbing for the neck ?

LINK
    sosew @sosew

Thanks!

Where is the tutorial? I would love to read it before I start!

Say more about the mod… when you say ribbing for the neck do you mean the neckband and that would make it sufficiently stretchy? I would like to avoid the buttons since it is for a nightie but was unsure about how to do it.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Here is my tute http://www.pinterest.com/pin/73676143878416947/, it is a great sew.

I would wonder if you sewed the shoulders seams and then checked by pulling it over your little ones head (you may need to cut the neck opening a bit bigger) if you used ribbing, like a t-shirt neck?

I am only pondering though, I have not made it….. 🙂

LINK
    sosew @sosew

lovely! the fabric is great. The sleeve construction is very interesting!

this is a gift for a little one who lives far away, though I do have two much younger but very big headed kids of my own that might make appropriate head models, I will ask her mom to send her head measurement as well.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Good luck!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I made one with the back cut on the fold. I also traced the neckline from a tshirt pattern (MIP Basic Tee).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/73669617@N07/13787836764/

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

I made them as nightgowns, but put only one flat button on the back and it hasn’t bothered either of my girls one bit. they are a favorite pair of pjs of theirs too. 🙂

LINK
    sosew @sosew

THanks for all the tips – have made some progress on this one. I still need to hem it

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It goes over the head okay?

LINK
    sosew @sosew

I decided to do a button in the end so it isnt an issue 🙂

I have to finish the hem and then send it off. My 3 year old (boy) saw it and tried it one for me, hilariously cute!

Thanks for all the advice 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Awesome!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.