Oliver + S

Altering sleeves

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Becca @macaronquilts

I’ve tried this tunic a few times. It didn’t go well; I used some very cheap poor quality rayon I had left over from some Halloween costumes, and I sewed it twice with that, and then I tried it in quilting cotton. The rayon ones obviously are unwearable, but the cotton one turned out okay (I need to add a busy adjustment but otherwise it worked). Problem is, I don’t like the sleeves, specifically how they flip up slightly at the hem (I’ve sewn only the short sleeved tunic). So, I am wondering if it would be possible to alter the pattern to accommodate a regular set in sleeve. I really love the neckline and the front panel detail so I’d love to be able to make this pattern work for me. Any tips for getting started on a big alteration with the sleeves?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Sure, you can always copy the armhole and sleeve from another pattern. It’s not an easy process, but it’s certainly possible. I hope that helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.