Oliver + S

After School Pants Pattern Issues

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Really sorry not be able to help more!!

LINK
    Erin S @ourhandstheyseek

Thanks so much for looking into it! I made another pair last night and ended up just adding 3/4″ to back and side panel pieces and 1.5″ to the front piece and now everything matches up perfectly. Not sure what’s going on, but that fix works for me!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Great to know — I am about to draft a pair of size 5s and I’ll keep an eye out for this issue.

LINK
    Emily @emilynye

I just finished these in 12–18 but used the 3T lengths (I know that’s not really how you’re supposed to do it…) and I also had this issue. I just attached the side panel starting from the top, which made my notches line up, and assumed the purpose was for not taking any chances when making the hem. Clearly not, though!

LINK
    Deepa @DeepaThomas

I have made the size 5 three times. I had the issue being discussed in this forum, on the first pair, which was a medium weight twill type cotton. I just trimmed off the excess from the bottom. The second and third were made from apparel weight cotton and went off okay. Maybe it has something to go with the amount of stretch in the fabric weave. I did notice that some pulling was needed to get the notches to match up exactly ( when sewing completed side panels to front and back.)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@Deepa that is a good thought.

I am planning a pair in the smallest size to be made with drill. So will see if it has something to do with the fabric.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.