Oliver + S

2 + 2 for boys?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

Hi – do you think i could make the 2 + 2 shirt for the boys for a lightweight suncover up, maybe out of colored chambray? Perhaps, eliminating the gathers at the front and putting in a pleat or just folding them out of the pattern? I was thinking it looked a lot like the shirts pirates and knights wear under their stylin’ vests? Am I crazy? Katja

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I think it’s worth a try. The pleat(s) at the front might need to be big, but it should look fine. You could also eliminate the ties and give the bias binding a clean finish at the neckline if that will help to make it look less feminine. Maybe lengthen it too? I’d love to see what you do with it!

LINK
    E1izabeth @E1izabeth

I agree that turning the gathers to pleats and eliminating the ties would make it more unisex. I made this shirt in a mens wear blue and white herringbone shirting with white trim and it still looked pretty girly to me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.